Re: Remove distprep

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Remove distprep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane
> Have we yet run this concept past the packagers list?  I'm still
> wondering if they will raise any objection to getting rid of all
> the prebuilt files.

No problem for Debian, we are building snapshot releases from plain
git already without issues. In fact, there are already some explicit
rm/clean rules in the packages to force rebuilding some (most?) of the
pre-built files.

Most notably, we are also rebuilding "configure" using autoconf 2.71
without issues. Perhaps we can get rid of the 2.69 hardcoding there?

Thanks for the heads-up,
Christoph