Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 01:37:49PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Do you think it's worth adding a note here in the docs about an
> external module defining more than one custom wait event? A pseudo
> code if possible or just a note? Also, how about a XXX comment atop
> WaitEventExtensionNew and/or WaitEventExtensionRegisterName on the
> possibility of extending the functions to support allocation of more
> than one custom wait events?

I am not sure that any of that is necessary.  Anyway, I have applied
v11 to get the basics done.

Now, I agree that a WaitEventExtensionMultiple() may come in handy,
particularly for postgres_fdw that uses WAIT_EVENT_EXTENSION three
times.
--
Michael

Вложения