Re: Support worker_spi to execute the function dynamically.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Support worker_spi to execute the function dynamically.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 09:43:37AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> +1. However, a comment above helps one to understand why some GUCs are
> defined before if (!process_shared_preload_libraries_in_progress). As
> this is an example extension, it will help understand the reasoning
> better. I know we will it in the commit message, but a direct comment
> helps:
>
>     /*
>      * Note that this GUC is defined irrespective of worker_spi shared library
>      * presence in shared_preload_libraries. It's possible to create the
>      * worker_spi extension and use functions without it being specified in
>      * shared_preload_libraries. If we return from here without defining this
>      * GUC, the dynamic workers launched by worker_spi_launch() will keep
>      * crashing and restarting.
>      */

WFM to be more talkative here and document things, but I don't think
that's it.  How about a simple "These GUCs are defined even if this
library is not loaded with shared_preload_libraries, for
worker_spi_launch()."
--
Michael

Вложения