Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 09, 2023 at 09:15:34AM +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> I also noticed that you now provide the culprit line in case of parsing
> failure (thanks for that).

Yes, that's mentioned in the commit message I quickly wrote in 0002.

>  #
> -#   "C symbol in enums" "format in the system views" "description in the docs"
> +#   "format in the system views" "description in the docs"
>
> Should we add a note here about the impact of the "format in the system views" on
> the auto generated enum? (aka how it is generated based on its format)?

There is one, but now that I look at it WAIT_EVENT repeated twice does
not look great, so this could use "FooBarName" or equivalent:
+   # Generate the element name for the enums based on the
+   # description.  Camelcase strings like "WaitEventName"
+   # are converted to WAIT_EVENT_WAIT_EVENT_NAME.
--
Michael

Вложения