Re: Add more sanity checks around callers of changeDependencyFor()

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add more sanity checks around callers of changeDependencyFor()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 06:41:49PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 29.06.23 01:36, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> While working on a different patch, I have noted three code paths that
>> call changeDependencyFor() but don't check that they do not return
>> errors.  In all the three cases (support function, extension/schema
>> and object/schema), it seems to me that only one dependency update is
>> expected.
>
> Why can't changeDependencyFor() raise the error itself?

There is appeal in that, but I can't really get excited for any
out-of-core callers of this routine.  Even if you would not lose much
error context, it would not be completely flexible if the number of
dependencies to switch is a variable number.
--
Michael

Вложения