Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 03:57:42PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I think that we should add some options to the perl script to be more
> selective with the files generated.  How about having two options
> called --docs and --code to select one or the other, then limit what
> gets generated in each path?  I guess that it would be cleaner if we
> error in the case where both options are defined, and just use some
> gotos to redirect to each foreach loop to limit extra indentations in
> the script.  This would avoid the need to remove the C and H files
> from the docs, additionally, which is what the Makefile in doc/ does.
>
> I have fixed all the issues I've found in v11 attached, except for the
> last one (I have added the OUTDIR trick for reference, but that's
> incorrect and incomplete).  Could you look at this part?

Ah.  It took me a few extra minutes, but I think that we should set
"capture" to "false", no?  It looks like meson is getting confused,
expecting something in stdout but the new script generates a few
files, and does not output anything.  That's different from the other
doc-related perl scripts.
--
Michael

Вложения