Re: Initdb-time block size specification

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Initdb-time block size specification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 06:58:20PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I just got a new server:
>
>     https://momjian.us/main/blogs/blog/2023.html#June_28_2023
>
> so tested this on my new M.2 NVME storage device:
>
>     $ /sys/block/nvme0n1/queue/physical_block_size
>     262144
>
> that's 256k, not 4k.

I have another approach to this.  My storage device has power
protection, so even though it has a 256k physical block size, it should
be fine with 4k write atomicity.

Сообщение: Re: Initdb-time block size specification
Сообщение: Re: Initdb-time block size specification