Re: Shouldn't construct_array_builtin and deconstruct_array_builtin agree on types?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Shouldn't construct_array_builtin and deconstruct_array_builtin agree on types?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 11:06:18PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> They only support the types that they were actually being used with.  If you
> need another type, feel free to add it.

FWIW, I agree with Tomas that this is an oversight that should be
fixed in v16, saving from the need to have a copy of
deconstruct_array_builtin() in extensions.  Same argument here:
couldn't it be possible that an extension does multiple array
constructs and deconstructs in a single code path?  We have patterns
like that in core as well.  For instance, see
extension_config_remove().
--
Michael

Вложения