Re: Allow pg_archivecleanup to remove backup history files

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Allow pg_archivecleanup to remove backup history files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 12:32:15AM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> +       <para>
> +         Remove backup history files.
>
> Isn't it better to document clearly which backup history files to be removed? For example, "In addition to removing
WALfiles, remove backup history files with prefixes logically preceding the oldestkeptwalfile.".

I've written about this part at the beginning of this one, where this
sounds like a duplicated description of the Description section:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZG1nq13v411y4TFL@paquier.xyz

>      printf(_("  -n, --dry-run               dry run, show the names of the files that would be removed\n"));
> +    printf(_("  -b, --clean-backup-history  clean up files including backup history files\n"));
>
> Shouldn't -b option be placed in alphabetical order?

+1.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: torikoshia
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: Remove WindowClause PARTITION BY items belonging to redundant pathkeys