Re: Is there a bug in psql? (SELECT ''';)

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Is there a bug in psql? (SELECT ''';)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 03:17:14PM +0800, Wen Yi wrote:
> Hi team,
> when I learn the postgres, I try to store the ' into the database,
>
> but something unexpected happend.
>

> postgres=# CREATE TABLE test (str varchar);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# INSERT INTO test values (''');
> postgres'# SELECT * FROM test;

In here, in prompt, you can see that it's waiting for you to end your
'-qutoed string.

You seem to expect
INSERT INTO test values (''');
to do something, which it won't as it's not full query.

What do you think this should be doing?

Best regards,

depesz