Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun  5, 2023 at 05:33:51PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 18 May 2023 16:49:47 -0400
> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> > I have completed the first draft of the PG 16 release notes.  You can
> > see the output here:
>
> Thanks for the release notes.
>

> >     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-16.html
> >
> > I will adjust it to the feedback I receive;  that URL will quickly show
> > all updates.
>
> I didn't find the following in the release note.  This might be
> considered as a bug fix, but the change in this commit can potentially
> impact applications.  Is it worth including it in the release note?
>
> commit 43351557d0d2b9c5e20298b5fee2849abef86aff
> Make materialized views participate in predicate locking

I did look at this commit and decided, thought it is a behavior change,
that it is probably something that would be caught during upgrade
testing.  I thought it was rare enough, and so hard to describe about
how to adjust for it, that is should not be mentioned.  If we find that
users do hit this issue, or others, during beta, we can add it.

Сообщение: Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded
Сообщение: Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded