Re: Partial aggregates pushdown

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 02:12:44AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > In the next version of this patch,
> > we can pushdown partial aggregate for an user-defined aggregate function only
> > when the function pass through this check.
>
> Understood.

In summary, we don't do any version check for built-in function
pushdown, so we don't need it for aggregates either.  We check extension
functions against the extension pushdown list, so we should be checking
this for partial aggregate pushdown, and for partition-wise aggregate
pushdown.  If we don't do that last check already, it is a bug.

  Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
  which you will never be.