Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 04:44:54PM +0000, Evgeny Morozov wrote:
> We have data_checksums=on. (It must be on by default, since I cannot
> find that in our config files anywhere.)

initdb does not enable checksums by default, requiring a
-k/--data-checksums, so likely this addition comes from from your
environment.

> However, the docs say "Only
> data pages are protected by checksums; internal data structures and
> temporary files are not.", so I guess pg_class_oid_index might be an
> "internal data structure"?

pg_class_oid_index is a btree index that relies on 8k on-disk pages
(default size), so it is subject to the same rules as normal relations
regarding checksums for the pages flushed to disk, even if it is on a
catalog.
--
Michael

Вложения