Re: Proposal: Shared Work Mem Area

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Proposal: Shared Work Mem Area
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Marco Fortina (marco_fortina@hotmail.it) wrote:
> I would like to propose to developers a new feature to replace the private management of the work mem with a
managementthrough shared memory: allocated at the start of PostgreSQL this area should be shared to all worker
processesas for example Oracle Database PGA do.

> This would allow an optimal use of this memory area by limiting only its global maximum limit and not a
configuration/allocationat the process level.

> What do you think about my proposal?

There's ongoing work to provide a way to have a global maximum limit
which doesn't involve entirely reworking how work_mem works today.  The
commitfest entry for that work is here:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/3867/

If you're interested in that, getting additional reviews and comments on
the work would be helpful in moving it forward.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

От: Marco Fortina
Сообщение: Proposal: Shared Work Mem Area
От: Marco Fortina
Сообщение: R: Proposal: Shared Work Mem Area