Re: Negative cache entries for memoize

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Negative cache entries for memoize
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr  6, 2023 at 09:23:31AM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 at 03:12, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > During two presentations, I was asked if negative cache entries were
> > created for cases where inner-side lookups returned no rows.
> >
> > It seems we don't do that.  Has this been considered or is it planned?
>
> It does allow negative cache entries, so I'm curious about what you
> did to test this.

My mistake.  Someone asked in Los Angeles and Jan Wieck checked during
the talk and said he didn't see it, and when someone asked in Moscow, I
repeated that answer.  My mistake.  I have updated the slides with the
correct information.

  Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
  which you will never be.