Re: v15rc1 shadowbuild fails when using src from symlink

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: v15rc1 shadowbuild fails when using src from symlink
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 08:33:17AM +0200, Frank van Vugt wrote:
> Just like v15b4, the first rc fails to compile when using the source from a
> symlink.
> [...]
> make -j2
> => fails on the following:
>
> => when using the real source folder instead of the symlink, the same compile/
> script finishes fine

Yep, using a VPATH build with the source being a soft link does not
work.  Here is what I have done, basically the same steps as yourself:
wget https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v15rc1/postgresql-15rc1.tar.gz
tar zxvf postgresql-15rc1.tar.gz
ln -s postgresql-15rc1 postgres_src
mkdir postgres_build
cd postgres_build/
$path/to/postgres_src/configure --prefix=$PGDIR/install --enable-cassert
make -j 4

This is as well the case with 14, by the way, and most likely the case
of older versions.  Why are you using such an exotic way to build
things?  A vpath build would give the same result for the build, once
the downloaded source is renamed to a more generic name, for example.
--
Michael

Вложения