Re: SQL-standard function bodies and creating SECURITY DEFINER routines securely

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: SQL-standard function bodies and creating SECURITY DEFINER routines securely
Дата
Re: SQL-standard function bodies and creating SECURITY DEFINER routines securely  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 02:36:27PM +0000, Erki Eessaar wrote:

> Hello
>
> PostgreSQL 14 added the feature: "Allow SQL-language functions and procedures
> to use SQL-standard function bodies."
>
> If I understand correctly, then in this case the system  will track
> dependencies between tables and routines that use the tables. Thus, the
> SECURITY DEFINER routines that use the new approach do not require the
> following mitigation, i.e., SET search_path= is not needed. The following part
> of documentation does not mention this.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createfunction.html#
> SQL-CREATEFUNCTION-SECURITY
>
> [elephant] PostgreSQL: Documentation: 14: CREATE FUNCTION
>            Overloading. PostgreSQL allows function overloading; that is, the
>            same name can be used for several different functions so long as
>            they have distinct input argument types.Whether or not you use it,
>            this capability entails security precautions when calling functions
>            in databases where some users mistrust other users; see Section
>            10.3.. Two functions are considered the same if they have the same
>            www.postgresql.org

I have written the attached patch to mention this issue about sql_body
functions.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Вложения