Re: Reducing logs produced by TAP tests running pg_regress on crash

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Reducing logs produced by TAP tests running pg_regress on crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 02:30:13PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> One idea I got to limit the useless output generated is to check the
> status of the cluster after running the regression test suite as
> restart_on_crash is disabled by default in Cluster.pm, and avoid any
> follow-up logic in these tests if the cluster is not running anymore,
> as of the attached.

So, this is still an open item..

Thomas, any objections about this one?  Checking for the status of the
node after completing pg_regress still sounds like a good idea to me,
because as restart_after_crash is disabled we would generate a ton of
logs coming from regression.diffs for nothing.  On top of that the
parallel connections make harder finding which query failed, and the
logs of the backend provide enough context already on a hard crash.
--
Michael

Вложения