Re: Memory leak fix in psql

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Memory leak fix in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 09:10:43AM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
> Yeah, we should take care of the backpatch risk.  However, I think
> it makes sense to backpatch.

We are talking about 256 bytes being leaked in each loop when a
validation pattern or when a query fails, so I don't see a strong
argument in manipulating 10~14 more than necessary for this amount of
memory.  The contents of describe.c are the same for v15 though, and
we are still in beta on REL_15_STABLE, so I have applied the patch
down to v15, adding what Alvaro has sent on top of the rest.
--
Michael

Вложения