Re: Commitfest Update

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Commitfest Update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 05:23:48PM -0700, Jacob Champion wrote:
> I agree in principle -- I think, ideally, WoA patches should be
> procedurally closed at the end of a commitfest, and carried forward when
> the author has actually responded. The problems I can imagine resulting
> from this are
>
> - Some reviewers mark WoA _immediately_ upon sending an email. I think
> authors should have a small grace period to respond before having their
> patches automatically "muted" by the system, if the review happens right
> at the end of the CF.

On this point, I'd like to think that a window of two weeks is a right
balance.  That's half of the commit fest, so that leaves plenty of
time for one to answer.  There is always the case where one is on
vacations for a period longer than that, but it is also possible for
an author to add a new entry in a future CF for the same patch.  If I
recall correctly, it should be possible to move a patch that has been
closed even if the past CF has been marked as been concluded, allowing
one to keep the same patch with its history and annotations.
--
Michael

Вложения