Re: Backup command and functions can cause assertion failure and segmentation fault

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Backup command and functions can cause assertion failure and segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 04:46:32PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2022/07/14 17:00, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> and it is possible to rely on
>> pg_stat_activity.wait_event to be BaseBackupThrottle, which would make
>
> ISTM that you can also use pg_stat_progress_basebackup.phase.

Indeed, as of "streaming database files".  That should work.

> Thanks for the patch! But I'm still not sure if it's worth adding
> only this test for the corner case while we don't have basic tests
> for BASE_BACKUP, pg_backup_start and pg_backup_stop.
>
> BTW, if we decide to add that test, are you planning to back-patch it?

I was thinking about doing that only on HEAD.  One thing interesting
about this patch is that it can also be used as a point of reference
for other future things.

> This sounds fine to me, too. On the other hand, it's also fine for
> me to push the changes separately so that we can easily identify
> each change later. So I separated the patch into two ones.
>
> Since one of them failed to be applied to v14 or before cleanly, I
> also created the patch for those back branches. So I attached three
> patches.

Fine by me.
--
Michael