Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 08, 2022 at 10:44:07AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Thanks for checking over the reasoning, and the kind words in general.

Thanks for fixing the main issue.

> I just committed Justin's fix for the bug, without fixing the fact
> that the new cluster's original pg_largeobject files will be left
> orphaned afterward. That's a relatively minor problem by comparison,
> and it seemed best to me not to wait too long to get the main issue
> addressed.

Hmm.  That would mean that the more LOs a cluster has, the more bloat
there will be in the new cluster once the upgrade is done.  That could
be quite a few gigs worth of data laying around depending on the data
inserted in the source cluster, and we don't have a way to know which
files to remove post-upgrade, do we?
--
Michael

Вложения