Re: Fwd: Adding more detail to pg_upgrade documentation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Fwd: Adding more detail to pg_upgrade documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Jun  4, 2022 at 03:08:58PM +0530, Nikhil Shetty wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> I followed the same steps multiple times but each time, slot had to be
> recreated.
>
> The slots under directory pg_replslot are not created in the new cluster during
> pg_upgrade.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Nikhil
>
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2022 at 1:48 AM, Jack DeVries <jdevries3133@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi Nikhil,
>
>     >From the pgupgrade docs:
>
>     > 9. Prepare for standby server upgrades
>     >
>     > If you are upgrading standby servers using methods outlined in section
>     > Step 11, verify that the old standby servers are caught up by running
>     > pg_controldata against the old primary and standby clusters. Verify
>     > that the “Latest checkpoint location” values match in all clusters.
>     > (There will be a mismatch if old standby servers were shut down before
>     > the old primary or if the old standby servers are still running.)
>     > Also, make sure wal_level is not set to minimal in the postgresql.conf
>     > file on the new primary cluster.
>
>     (source: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/pgupgrade.html)
>
>     I'm a new contributor so please forgive me if I'm on the wrong track,
>     but if you follow this step, won't you also be ensuring that replication
>     slots do not need to be migrated, since you've just ensured that standby
>     clusters are in sync with the primary cluster? Please let me know if I'm
>     missing anything!

I have written the attached patch to document this.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Section I - 2.9: Use SELECT to confirm set of rows before DELETE
Сообщение: Re: Section I - 2.9: Use SELECT to confirm set of rows before DELETE