Re: doc: Fix description of how the default user name is chosen

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: doc: Fix description of how the default user name is chosen
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul  9, 2022 at 08:06:21AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> Maybe invoke the wording from the libpq docs and say:
>
> The default database name is the same as the user connection parameter.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-PARAMKEYWORDS
>
> That page doesn’t feel the need to qualify user name and I don’t think it hurts
> comprehension; and the  writing “user parameter” there, instead of “user name”,
> since the parameter is simply “user”, not “username”.

Well, it could be the login OS name if the user connection parameter is
unspecified, right?

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Сообщение: Re: doc: Fix description of how the default user name is chosen
Сообщение: Re: doc: Fix description of how the default user name is chosen