Re: How to reference the type of lock in the documentation.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: How to reference the type of lock in the documentation.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 08:45:11PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/explicit-locking.html
>
> On page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/explicit-locking.html, I'd like
> to suggest a search-engine-optimization improvement. Generally, but
> especially on this page, it'd be nice to have the lock name along with the
> user-friendly name. For example, with the first use of "SHARE UPDATE
> EXCLUSIVE", I'd like to see the lock name with it, for example, "SHARE
> UPDATE EXCLUSIVE (ShareUpdateExclusiveLock)".

I see your point --- that the names that appear in the pg_locks view
don't appear in our documentation.  The attached patches adds the
pg_locks names after each lock name.  You can see the doc output here:

    https://momjian.us/tmp/pgsql/explicit-locking.html

If people like this, I can apply it to all supported branches.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Вложения