Re: BUG #17448: In Windows 10, version 1703 and later, huge_pages doesn't work.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17448: In Windows 10, version 1703 and later, huge_pages doesn't work.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 12:54:35PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> Their API is entirely useless, so I'm still on the opinion that we should
> unconditionally use the FILE_MAP_LARGE_PAGES flag if it's defined and call it a
> day.

Now that the minimal runtime version is Windows 10 in v16~ thanks to
495ed0e, we could be much more aggressive and do the attached, which
is roughly what Thomas has proposed upthread at the exception of
assuming that FILE_MAP_LARGE_PAGES always exists, because updates are
forced by MS in this environment.  We could make it conditional, of
course, with an extra #ifdef painting.
--
Michael

Вложения