Re: avoid multiple hard links to same WAL file after a crash

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: avoid multiple hard links to same WAL file after a crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 05, 2022 at 08:10:02PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I'd agree with removing all the callers at the end.  pgrename() is
> quite robust on Windows, but I'd keep the two checks in
> writeTimeLineHistory(), as the logic around findNewestTimeLine() would
> consider a past TLI history file as in-use even if we have a crash
> just after the file got created in the same path by the same standby,
> and the WAL segment init part.  Your patch does that.

As v16 is now open for business, I have revisited this change and
applied 0001 to change all the callers (aka removal of the assertion
for the WAL receiver when it overwrites a TLI history file).  The
commit log includes details about the reasoning of all the areas
changed, for clarity, as of the WAL recycling part, the TLI history
file part and basic_archive.
--
Michael

Вложения