Re: Extension pg_trgm, permissions and pg_dump order

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Extension pg_trgm, permissions and pg_dump order
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 09:34:03PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 08:30:33PM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> I started looking at the problem and hacked together a
>> proof-of-concept based on your first candidate that seems to fix the
>> reported issue.  However, from the upthread discussion, it is not clear
>> whether there is agreement on the approach.  IIUC there are still many
>> other code paths that would require a similar treatment, so perhaps
>> identifying all of those would be a good next step.
>
> Agreed.  To identify them, perhaps put an ereport(..., errbacktrace()) in
> aclmask(), then write some index-creating DDL that refers to the
> largest-possible number of objects.

While we've reached an agreement on the thread related to the
corruption caused by the incorrect snapshots for concurrent index
builds, this thread seems to be stalling a bit and we should try to
move on before getting a release out.  Is somebody looking at what we
have here?
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY