Re: Bump MIN_WINNT to 0x0600 (Vista) as minimal runtime in 16~

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Bump MIN_WINNT to 0x0600 (Vista) as minimal runtime in 16~
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 10:17:08AM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> There have been a couple of discussions involving not only Windows
> version10, but also the Release id:

This mentions 0x0A00, aka Windows 10, for atomic rename support.

Similarly 0x0A00, aka Windows 10, for fdatasync().

> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6389b5a88e114bee85593af2853c08cd%40dental-vision.de

And Windows 10 1703, for large pages.

> Maybe this thread can push those others forward.

Post Windows 8, the most annoying part is that manifests are required
to be able to check at run-time on which version you are running with
routines like IsWindowsXXOrGreater() if you compiled with a threshold
of MIN_WINNT lower than the version you expect compatibility for.
And each one of those things would mean cutting a lot of past support
if we want to eliminate the manifest part.  Windows 8 ends its support
in 2023, it seems, so that sounds short even for PG16.
--
Michael

Вложения