Re: [BUG] Panic due to incorrect missingContrecPtr after promotion

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUG] Panic due to incorrect missingContrecPtr after promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=ff9f111bce24.

> Attached is a patch and a TAP test to handle this condition. The
> patch ensures that an overwrite_contrecord is only created if the
> missingContrecPtr is ahead of the last wal record.

The test you are introducing to force a complete segment to be filled
is funky, and kind of nice actually while being cheap.  This part
particularly makes the test predictable:
++unlink $node->basedir . "/pgdata/pg_wal/$endfile"
++  or die "could not unlink " . $node->basedir
. "/pgdata/pg_wal/$endfile: $!";

I really like that.

> With the patch, running the same tap test succeeds and a PANIC is
> not observed.

This needs a very close lookup, I'll try to check all that except if
somebody beats me to it.
--
Michael

Вложения