Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_database view document

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_database view document
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 02:00:18AM +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> Thanks to all the developers. The attached patch updates the manual
> for the pg_database catalog.
> The current pg_database view definition is missing the
> datlocprovider column. The attached patch adds this column info.
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/catalog-pg-database.html

Indeed.  I have checked the rest of the catalog headers for any
inconsistencies with the docs and what you have noticed here is the
only one.

+       <structfield>datlocprovider</structfield> <type>char</type>
+      </para>
+      <para>
+       Provider of the collation for this database:
+      </para></entry>

ICU needs to be upper-case if you are referring to the library name.
Here, my guess is that you are referring to the value that can be
passed down to the command?  You could use lower-case terms like on
the CREATE COLLATION page, but I would put these within a <literal>
markup.  Anyway, this formulation is incorrect.
--
Michael

Вложения