Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 03:24:33PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2022-05-24 17:11:12 -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
>> Aside from amcheck I wonder if we can come up with any way for users
>> to tell whether their index is affected or at risk. Like, is there a
>> way to tell from catalog entries if an index was created with CIC?
>
> Not reliably, afaik. indcheckxmin won't ever be set for a CIC index IIRC, but
> it's not reliably set for a non-CIC index.

When it comes to REINDEX, we recreate entirely a new relation for the
concurrent flavor, dropping the old one.  Hence its OID changes, while
all the data from the old relation gets copied over.  That's not much
and you cannot use that for a CIC, still..
--
Michael

Вложения