Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 07:41:28AM -0700, Christophe Pettus wrote:

> > On May 26, 2022, at 07:40, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > Uh, if people don't know if they have used CREATE/REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
> > in PG 14.0+, they are going to need to run amcheck on all btree indexes
> > and reindex all non-btree indexes?  That is going to be a painful
> > message to deliver, and hear.  :-(
>
> Unless we are 100% sure that amcheck will never return a false negative in this situation, we may have to recommend
reindexingeverything.  Ouch.

I assume we are then looking at reindexdb, which has a parallel option.
I assume we can also recommend --concurrently on a patched PG 14.4,
which might not be terrible since it would not cause downtime.  I guess
the command would be:

    $ reindexdb --all --concurrently --jobs ##

Without reindexdb's features, this would be much more painful.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson