Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 10:13:18AM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 10:34:06AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Yes, the redirection issue would apply to all the run-time GUCs.
>
> Should this be tracked as an open item for v15?  There was another recent
> report about the extra log output [0].

That makes it for two complaints on two separate threads.  So an open
item seems adapted to adjust this behavior.

I have looked at the patch posted at [1], and I don't quite understand
why you need the extra dance with log_min_messages.  Why don't you
just set the GUC at the end of the code path in PostmasterMain() where
we print non-runtime-computed parameters?  I am not really worrying
about users deciding to set log_min_messages to PANIC in
postgresql.conf when it comes to postgres -C, TBH, as they'd miss the
FATAL messages if the command is attempted on a server already
starting.

Per se the attached.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220328173503.GA137769@nathanxps13
--