Re: Possible corruption by CreateRestartPoint at promotion

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Possible corruption by CreateRestartPoint at promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 08:52:45AM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> I was looking at other changes in this area (e.g., 3c64dcb), and now I'm
> wondering if we actually should invalidate the minRecoveryPoint when the
> control file no longer indicates archive recovery.  Specifically, what
> happens if a base backup of a newly promoted standby is used for a
> point-in-time restore?  If the checkpoint location is updated and all
> previous segments have been recycled/removed, it seems like the
> minRecoveryPoint might point to a missing segment.

A new checkpoint is enforced at the beginning of the backup which
would update minRecoveryPoint and minRecoveryPointTLI, while we don't
a allow a backup to finish if it began on a standby has just promoted
in-between.
--
Michael

Вложения