Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 02:18:35PM -0600, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Exactly. SQL is proven to be more productive and code written in it
> has longer longevity than alternatives.  It's also generally more
> terse in the hands of a good author.  The authors of all the 'SQL
> sucks' rants don't really explore why this is the case.  For example,
> SQL has transactions and pretty much all other major languages don't.
> They may have it in a limited sense but not standardized throughout
> the syntax and the standard libraries.  High quality automatic
> concurrency models are another factor.

What I found with QUEL was that simple things were easier than SQL, but
things like aggregates and subqueries were harder, confusing. or
impossible.

Сообщение: Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Сообщение: Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?