Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 12:27:10PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 11:26 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So do we have consensus to use (STRATEGY = LOG/CHECKPOINT or do we
> > think that keeping it bool i.e. Is LOG_COPIED_BLOCKS a better option?
> > Once we have consensus on this I will make this change and
> > documentation as well along with the other changes suggested by
> > Robert.
>
> I think we have consensus on STRATEGY. I'm not sure if we have
> consensus on what the option values should be. If we had an option to
> use fs-based cloning, that would also need to issue a checkpoint,
> which makes me think that CHECKPOINT is not the best name.

I think if we want LOG, it has tob e WAL_LOG instead of just LOG.  Was
there discussion that the user _has_ to specify and option instead of
using a default?  That doesn't seem good.

Сообщение: Re: Fix overflow in justify_interval related functions
Сообщение: Re: Fix overflow in justify_interval related functions