Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration

От Shawn Debnath
Тема Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 09:21:24PM +0500, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you
canconfirm the sender and know the content is safe.

> > 20 янв. 2022 г., в 20:44, Shawn Debnath <sdn@amazon.com> написал(а):
> Can you please also test 2nd patch against a large multixact SLRUs?
> 2nd patch is not intended to do make thing better on default buffer sizes. It must save the perfromance in case of
reallyhuge SLRU buffers.

Test was performed on 128/256 for multixact offset/members cache as
stated in my previous email.  Sure I can test it for higher values - but
what's a real world value that would make sense? We have been using this
configuration successfully for a few of our customers that ran into
MultiXact contention.

--
Shawn Debnath
Amazon Web Services (AWS)

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: PoC: using sampling to estimate joins / complex conditions
От: Greg Nancarrow