Re: Refactoring of compression options in pg_basebackup

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Refactoring of compression options in pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:48:12PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> Alvaro's proposal is fine with me. I don't see any value in replacing
> --compress with --compression. It's longer but not superior in any way
> that I can see. Having both seems worst of all -- that's just
> confusing.

Okay, that looks like a consensus, then.  Robert, would it be better
to gather all that on the thread that deals with the server-side
compression?  Doing that here would be fine by me, with the option to
only specify the client.  Now it would be a bit weird to do things
with only the client part and not the server part :)
--
Michael

Вложения