Re: GUC flags

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: GUC flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 06, 2021 at 07:36:55AM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> The script checks that guc.c and sample config are consistent.
>
> I think your undertanding of INTENTIONALLY_NOT_INCLUDED is not right.
> That's a list of stuff it "avoids reporting" as an suspected error, not an
> additional list of stuff to checks.  INTENTIONALLY_NOT_INCLUDED is a list of
> stuff like NOT_IN_SAMPLE, which is better done by parsing /NOT_IN_SAMPLE/.

Indeed.  I got that wrong, thanks for clarifying.

> I saw that Tom updated it within the last 12 months, which I took to mean that
> it was still being maintained. But I'm okay with removing it.

Yes, I saw that as of bf8a662.  With 42 incorrect reports, I still see
more evidence with removing it.  Before doing anything, let's wait for
and gather some opinions.  I am adding Bruce (as the original author)
and Tom in CC as they are the ones who have updated this script the
most in the last ~15 years.
--
Michael

Вложения