Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display
Дата
Ответ на Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 06:28:24PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Upon thinking further, having at least the messages at LOG level [1]
> would be helpful to know what's happening with the system while in
> recovery. Although these messages at LOG level seem to be filling up
> the server logs, having a good log consumption and rotation mechanism
> (I'm sure every major postgres vendor would have one) would be
> sufficient to allay that concern.

+      ereport(LOG,
+              (errmsg("recovering WAL segment \"%s\" from source \"%s\"",
+               xlogfname, srcname)));
Isn't this approach an issue for translations?  It seems to me that
terms like "stream" or "archive" had better be translated properly,
meaning that this needs a fully-constructed sentence.
--
Michael

Вложения