Re: pg_waldump stucks with options --follow or -f and --stats or -z

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_waldump stucks with options --follow or -f and --stats or -z
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 12:13:08PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Thanks. Here's the v5.

By the way, one thing that I completely forgot here is that SIGINT is
not handled on Windows.  If we want to make that work for a WIN32
terminal, we would need to do something similar to
src/fe_utils/cancel.c where we need to use SetConsoleCtrlHandler() and
handle the stats print when facing CTRL_C_EVENT or CTRL_BREAK_EVENT as
events.  Perhaps we should try to think harder and have a more
centralized facility for the handler part between a WIN32 terminal and
SIGINT, as it is not the first time that we need this level of
handling.  Or we could just discard this issue, document its WIN32
limitation and paint some "#ifdef WIN32" around all the handler
portions of the patch.

I would be fine with just doing the latter for now, as this stuff is
still useful for most users, but that's worth mentioning.  Any
opinions?
--
Michael

Вложения