Re: pg_waldump stucks with options --follow or -f and --stats or -z

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_waldump stucks with options --follow or -f and --stats or -z
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 03:47:30PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 11:50 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> +    the <application>pg_waldump</application> is terminated or interrupted
>> +    or <systemitem>SIGQUIT</systemitem>, the summary statistics computed
>> +    as of the termination will be displayed.
>> This description is not completely correct, as the set of stats would
>> show up only by using --stats, in non-quiet mode.  Rather than
>> describing this behavior at the end of the docs, I think that it would
>> be better to add a new paragraph in the description of --stats.
>
> Done.

v4 is just moving this paragraph in its correct subsection.  My
wording may have been confusing here, sorry about that.  What I meant
is that there is no need to mention --follow at all, as an
interruption done before reaching the end LSN or the end of WAL would
still print out the stats accumulated up to the interrupted point.
--
Michael

Вложения