Re: BUG #17288: PSQL bug with COPY command (Windows)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17288: PSQL bug with COPY command (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 09:48:55PM +0300, Dmitry Koval wrote:
> >You are right about freopen(), but stderr works just because it's being
> >parsed as a file, not a stream, by parse_slash_copy().
>
> You are right. I wrote about stderr without inspecting code (
>
> >I would keep the memset(buf, 0, sizeof(*buf)) for the members we
> >are not setting.
>
> Of course. Original code (src/port/win32stat.c) contains line
>
> memset(buf, 0, sizeof(*buf))
>
> before call GetFileInformationByHandle().

I still think that we should not call GetFileInformationByHandle()
when it comes to an argument that we know will fail, so I would agree
with Juan's approach in v2 to just patch _pgfstat64() rather than
messing with the code paths in charge of checking handles pending for
deletion.  Each fileno is going to be 0, 1 or 2 in those cases, still
it would be better to rely on the result of fileno() as v3 is doing?

It looks like you are right about _S_IFCHR for st_mode, as of this
part of the docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/c-runtime-library/reference/fstat-fstat32-fstat64-fstati64-fstat32i64-fstat64i32?view=msvc-170
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: conchuela timeouts since 2021-10-09 system upgrade
Сообщение: Re: conchuela timeouts since 2021-10-09 system upgrade