Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display
Дата
Ответы Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 01:26:49PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> My opinion is that adding these things willy-nilly is not a solution to
> any actual problem.  Adding a few additional log lines that are
> low-volume at DEBUG1 might be useful, but below that (DEBUG2 etc) it's
> not good for anything other than specific development, IMO.  At least
> this particular one for streaming replication I think we should not
> include.

Looking at v2, I think that this leaves the additions of the DEBUG1
entries in SendBaseBackup() and WalRcvWaitForStartPosition(), then.
The one in pgarch.c does not provide any additional information as the
segment to-be-archived should be part of the command.
--
Michael

Вложения