Re: BUG #17268: Possible corruption in toast index after reindex index concurrently

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17268: Possible corruption in toast index after reindex index concurrently
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 10:42:17PM -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 10:31:19PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> On 2021-11-08 21:46:25 -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
>>> Doing both sounds harmless.  Regarding REINDEX CONCURRENTLY on a system
>>> catalog, I bet that can still reach bugs even if we do both, considering this:
>>
>> Normal catalog aren't REINDEX CONCURRENTLY. It's just toast tables that are
>> kind of system-y, but also kind of not, that can be reindexed concurrently.
>
> Oh, okay.

To be clear on this point, users cannot reindex concurrently catalog
indexes and toast indexes associated to catalog tables, just toast
indexes of normal tables.  I don't know if any of you have been
working on a patch, but I was cooking something.  It would be worth
checking if an isolation test could be written.
--
Michael

Вложения