Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()
Дата
Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 06, 2021 at 06:31:57PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> As a first step, let's report the actual XLogReadRecord() error message.
> Attached.

Good catch!  This looks good.

> All the other sites that expect no error already do this.

Indeed.  Looking closer, I think that we'd better improve
DecodingContextFindStartpoint(),
pg_logical_replication_slot_advance(), XLogSendLogical() as well as
pg_logical_slot_get_changes_guts() to follow a format closer to what
you have in your patch, with an error message that describes the
context where the problem has been found, instead of just elog()'ing
what XLogReadRecord() returns.
--
Michael

Вложения