Re: Teach pg_receivewal to use lz4 compression

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Teach pg_receivewal to use lz4 compression
Дата
Re: Teach pg_receivewal to use lz4 compression  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 07:27:50AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 08:39:59AM +0000, gkokolatos@pm.me wrote:
> > Agreed.
> >
> > I have already started on v8 of the patch with that technique. I should
> > be able to update the thread soon.
>
> Nice, thanks!

By the way, I was reading the last version of the patch today, and
it seems to me that we could make the commit history if we split the
patch into two parts:
- One that introduces the new option --compression-method and
is_xlogfilename(), while reworking --compress (including documentation
changes).
- One to have LZ4 support.

v7 has been using "gzip" for the option name, but I think that it
would be more consistent to use "zlib" instead.
--
Michael

Вложения