Re: Reserve prefixes for loaded libraries proposal

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Reserve prefixes for loaded libraries proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 11:54:04PM +0200, Florin Irion wrote:
> We could also help users get a warning if they set a parameter with the
> `SET`
> command. I've seen many cases where users make typos and break things badly,
> check the following example:
>
> ```
> postgres=# BEGIN;
> BEGIN
> postgres=*# SET plpgsql.no_such_setting = false;
> SET
> postgres=*# -- do critical queries taking into account that
> plpgsql.no_such_setting is false;
> postgres=*# COMMIT;
> COMMIT
> ```

Could you give a more concrete example here?  What kind of critical
work are you talking about here when using prefixes?  Please note that
I am not against the idea of improving the user experience in this
area as that's inconsistent, as you say.
--
Michael

Вложения