Re: typos (and more)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: typos (and more)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 06:04:02PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Initially we just used "statistic" as a noun, which IIRC was already
> grammatically wrong (but I didn't know that and I think Tomas didn't
> either); later at some point when discussing how to use that noun in
> plural we realized this and argued that merely using "statistics" was
> even more wrong.  It was then that we started using the term "statistics
> object" with plural "statistics objects".  Going back to using just
> "statistics" is unlikely to have become correct; I think Justin's
> patches 0008 and 0012 are correct.

Thanks for confirming.

     if (list_length(pstate->p_rtable) != 1)
         ereport(ERROR,
                 (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_COLUMN_REFERENCE),
-                 errmsg("statistics expressions can refer only to the table being indexed")));
+                 errmsg("statistics expressions can refer only to the table being referenced")));
This part should be backpatched?  The code claims that this should
be dead code so an elog() would be more adapted, and the same can be
said about transformRuleStmt() and transformIndexStmt(), no?  That
would be less messages to translate.
--
Michael

Вложения